Revised September 2021
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Madison County Health Care System has put temporary restrictions and guidance for patient visitors in place at all of our care locations. Visitor restrictions are subject to change. Please use the following restrictions and guidance until further notice to help safeguard our patients, associates, physicians, and communities.
- Approved visitors must check-in at the front desk and wear a face mask throughout the duration of their visit.
- All approved visitors must follow proper infection prevention practices, including masking, hand washing/sanitizing, and physical distancing.
- No visitors under the age of 18 are permitted unless they are parents of pediatric patients.
- Patients with disabilities may have a support person accompany them during their visit or stay with a healthcare provider.
Guidelines for Visitors
When visitors are permitted:
- Two visitors are allowed per patient at a time.
- All approved visitors must be free from flu-like symptoms, such as fever, cough, or shortness of breath, and will not be permitted to visit if they have symptoms.
- Any visitor who lives in the same household as any COVID-19 positive person is not permitted to visit except in end of life situations.
- All approved visitors must check-in at the front desk and wear a face mask throughout the duration of their visit.
- Approved visitors are expected to bring their own face mask. If they do not have one, a non-procedural face mask will be provided.
Current Visitor Guidelines
Medical Clinics | Walk-in Clinic | Specialty Clinic | Outpatient Services
- ONE parent with child during visit, or ONE adult as caregiver for a dependent adult patient as needed.
- NO visitors for COVID-19 positive patients
- TWO visitors will be allowed per non-COVID patient at a time
End of Life Care / Hospice
- Up to FOUR visitors (at the same time) are allowed at the bedside.
- Cohort family members.
- Bringing children in to visit puts them at greater risk for COVID-19, however, we will not restrict children from visiting.
- NO visitors with COVID-19 positive patients or patients with symptoms of COVID-19.
- ONE visitor allowed per non-COVID patient during ER visit.
- ONE adult allowed with a child or dependent patient.
- ONE accompanying adult allowed per adult surgery patient.
- TWO accompanying adults allowed per child or dependent surgery patient.
Exceptions for Visitor Restrictions
There are limited exceptions to the visitor restriction. Exceptions must be approved by leadership.