Revised September 2022
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Madison County Health Care System has put temporary restrictions and guidance for patient visitors in place at all of our care locations. Visitor restrictions are subject to change. Please use the following restrictions and guidance until further notice to help safeguard our patients, associates, physicians, and communities.
- Approved visitors must check-in at the front desk.
- Visitors who are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms are required to wear a mask during their visit.
- All approved visitors must follow proper infection prevention practices, including masking, hand washing/sanitizing, and physical distancing.
- No visitors under the age of 18 are permitted unless they are parents of pediatric patients.
- Patients with disabilities may have a support person accompany them during their visit or stay with a healthcare provider.
Guidelines for Visitors
When visitors are permitted:
- Two visitors are allowed per patient at a time.
- All approved visitors must be free from flu-like symptoms, such as fever, cough, or shortness of breath, and will not be permitted to visit if they have symptoms.
- All approved visitors must check-in at the front desk.
- Approved visitors are expected to bring their own face mask. If they do not have one, a non-procedural face mask will be provided.
Current Visitor Guidelines
Medical Clinics | Walk-in Clinic | Specialty Clinic | Outpatient Services
- ONE parent with child during visit, or ONE adult as caregiver for a dependent adult patient as needed.
- TWO visitors for COVID-19 positive patients
- Any visitor in a COVID room will be required to wear all appropriate PPE at all times when visiting. Visitors will be asked to remain in the room for the duration of their visit. When their visit is complete, visitors must remove PPE and promptly exit the facility. Visitors of COVID-19 patients must not enter other areas of the hospital.
- TWO visitors will be allowed per non-COVID patient at a time
End of Life Care / Hospice
- Up to FOUR visitors (at the same time) are allowed at the bedside.
- Cohort family members.
- Bringing children in to visit puts them at greater risk for COVID-19, however, we will not restrict children from visiting.
- NO visitors with COVID-19 positive patients or patients with symptoms of COVID-19.
- ONE visitor allowed per non-COVID patient during ER visit.
- ONE adult allowed with a child or dependent patient.
- ONE accompanying adult allowed per adult surgery patient.
- TWO accompanying adults allowed per child or dependent surgery patient.
Exceptions for Visitor Restrictions
There are limited exceptions to the visitor restriction. Exceptions must be approved by leadership.