Bringing Health Care Close to Home
“I didn’t know you did that!” That’s what one of our staff heard when she responded to a friend who said she had to go to Des Moines to see an orthopedic specialist. Actually, we have five orthopedic doctors visiting Winterset monthly!
It’s really quite amazing when you look at all the direct care services are available through Madison County Health Care System.
Let’s start with those physicians and providers who are members of our Health Trust Physicians Clinic and Earlham Medical Clinic. We have specialists on staff in Pediatrics with Dr. Amy Kimball, Internal Medicine with Dr. David Smith and in Family Medicine with Drs. Sherri Broadbent, Joe Kimball and Jonathan Suddarth. Also seeing patients are providers Clarice Blanchard (P.A.-C), Eve Harris (P.A.-C), Laura Tryon (ARNP-C) and Anesthetist Dale Johansen (CRNA, MSN, ARNP).
We also have over twenty specialists who make the trip to Winterset at least monthly. Often a specialist you might see in Des Moines is coming here so you save a trip!
The following specialists are in Winterset at least monthly, sometimes weekly:
· Audiology - Dr. Dottie Walters.
· Cardiology - Dr. David Laughrun. .
· Ears, Nose and Throat - Dr. Simon Wright.
· General Surgery - Drs. Paul Grossmann and Ryan Roe.
· Neurology - Dr. Randall Hamilton.
· Oncology - Dr. Tara Graff.
· Orthopedics - Drs. Stephen Ash, Cassim Igram, Scott Meyer, John Nettrour and Scott Shumway.
· Pain Management - Dr. Matt Biggerstaff.
· Plastic Surgery - Dr. Lester Yen.
· Podiatry - Drs. Eric Barp and Kirk Neustrom.
· Urology - Drs. Carl Meyer and Steven Rosenberg.
· Vascular Care - Dr. John Stern.
· Women's Health (Prenatal/GYN) - Dr. Dennis Dornbier.
· Wound Care - Kiane Goelbel (ARNP).
We are especially excited to announce that urology services will once again be available at our Specialty Clinic beginning in August. Drs. Steven Rosenberg and Carl Meyer of The Iowa Clinic will be providing the services.
Drs. Meyer and Rosenberg provide the full range of adult and pediatric urologic services and will be seeing patients on the 2nd and 4th Wednesdays. Dr. Rosenberg said, “We’re excited to bring our urology clinics to the residents of Madison County and look forward to working with the staff at the hospital to meet this need.”
Most specialists see patients in the Specialty Clinic located in the hospital at 300 W. Hutchings Street in Winterset. At this time, Cardiology, Oncology and Orthopedic patients are seen in the Health Trust Physicians Clinic located at the same address. Additional information may be found on the hospital website (www.madisonhealth.com). Madison County Health Care System is always working to increase the range of specialties available to residents so they don’t have to travel.
At Madison County Health Care System we are fully committed to meeting our mission of “delivering passionate health care with excellence” and close to home!