Bringing Health Care Close to Home
“I didn’t know you did that!” That’s what one of our staff heard when she responded to a friend who said she had to go to Des Moines to see an orthopedic specialist. Actually, we have four orthopedic doctors visiting Winterset monthly!
It’s really quite amazing when you look at all the direct care services are available through Madison County Health Care System.
Let’s start with those physicians and providers who are members of the staff for the Health Trust Physicians Clinic and Earlham Medical Clinic. We have specialists on staff in Pediatrics with Dr. Amy Kimball, Internal Medicine with Dr. David Smith and in Family Medicine with Drs. Heather Back, Sherri Broadbent, Joe Kimball and Jonathan Suddarth. Also seeing patients are providers Clarice Blanchard (P.A.-C), Eve Harris (P.A.-C), Laura Tryon (ARNP-C) and Anesthetist Dale Johansen (CRNA, MSN, ARNP).
We also have over twenty specialists who make the trip to Winterset at least monthly. Often a specialist you might see in Des Moines is coming here so you save a trip!
The following specialists are in Winterset at least monthly, sometimes weekly:
· Audiology - Dr. Dottie Walters.
· Cardiology - Dr. David Laughrun and Dr. Michael Fraizer.
· Ears, Nose and Throat - Dr. Simon Wright.
· General Surgery - Dr. Paul Grossmann and Dr. Ryan Roe.
· Neurology - Dr. Randall Hamilton.
· Oncology - Dr. Tara Graff.
· Orthopedics - Dr. Stephen Ash, Dr. Benjamin Beecher, Dr. Scott Meyer, and Dr. Scott Shumway.
· Pain Management - Dr. Matt Biggerstaff.
· Plastic Surgery - Dr. Lester Yen.
· Podiatry - Dr. Eric Barp and Dr. Kirk Neustrom.
· Urology - Dr. Carl Meyer and Dr. Steven Rosenberg.
· Women's Health (Prenatal/GYN) - Dr. Dennis Dornbier.
· Wound Care - Kiane Goebel (ARNP).
Most specialists see patients in the Specialty Clinic located in the hospital at 300 W. Hutchings Street in Winterset. However, Cardiology, Oncology and Orthopedic patients are seen in the Health Trust Physicians Clinic located at the same address. Madison County Health Care System is always working to increase the range of specialties available to residents so they don’t have to travel so if you are seeing a specialist, let us know and we'll look into providing that service.
At Madison County Health Care System we are fully committed to meeting our mission of “delivering passionate health care with excellence” and close to home!